Edelweiss House Update
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
. . . And THANK YOU for your continued support with your prayers, well wishes and
As you know, Sister Pat, God rest her soul, had a vision to care for needy children.
Her “You can do it” Program taught them life skills while their parents were addressing life altering issues to get on solid ground so the family could be whole.
Edelweiss House is enhancing Sister Pat’s vision by focusing on the sanctity of the family. We will stand as a roadblock in the destruction of the Family by using the
Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph more intensely as our model to teach
family skills, which will benefit children and parents alike.
Edelweiss House will
- continue to focus on the spiritual, mental, and physical needs of the family
- utilize our property to its maximum potential
- demonstrate good stewardship of the land
- offer retreats and prayer groups to aid families with their spiritual life
- give demonstrations and tours
- encourage home schooling by offering support groups and resources
As we have always done, we will strive to serve all of God’s people, working handin-hand with our valued Volunteer Team, and continue our walk in faith without
We kept on saying, “God has a plan.” We thank Him for sending us Tim Catalano to
join our Volunteer Team to fill the position of Executive Director. Tim is a devout,
Roman Catholic, family man and real estate broker. With Tim in the lead, we are
transitioning into our enhanced Program.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and our new Executive Director, we ask you to
please keep us in your prayers, as we do you.
In His holy name,
Marie Gosmeyer -Sister’s sister
President aka Karen O’Bryan
Welcome to Edelweiss House
We are a not-for-profit, non-denominational 501 (c) (3) Corporation.
Federal Tax ID# 35-2018572
Every Child counts and Children deserve a future.
Sing like nobody’s listening; Dance like nobody’s watching and Give like a CHILD is depending on you . . . because they are.
Edelweiss House, Inc.:
· Is an alternative to the state welfare system.
· Works with Families whose relatives and friends are unable to reach out give that helping Hand.
· Biological Parents maintain full custody.
· Volunteer Families (after being screened extensively) open their homes to children and much like an extended family member.
· Children stay typically 4 – 6 weeks (or as long as needed) . . . as long as the parents are making a concerted effort and progress to provide a safe and stable home for the children.
· Children are typically ages 4 – 9; we do, however, have Volunteer Families who help with children who are younger.
· Our ultimate goal and commitment is to restoring/reuniting the Family.
Jesus said to help them: By helping us help Kids you help our town, community, our World.
You are following the Words of Jesus to help these little ones. So, and help in whatever way you can.
YOU WOULD MAKE A GREAT VOLUNTEER!
Volunteers are God's Word in Action and give good example to KIDS. You can be a part of IT! We truly need your help. As a Volunteer, everyone can pray each day for our Mission!
Interact with Kids: Games, Crafts, etc. Prepare/freeze casseroles, etc. Plant, Tend Garden, Flower beds, Mow, Weed Trimming. Clean Houses, Windows, Man-Cave, Barn. Mending, Laundry. Repairs around the houses (inside/outside). Spread the word, Circulate fliers. Give talks to churches, clubs, organizations and so much more!
Think you have what it takes?
Do you have that internal desire to help children in their time of need?
We would LOVE to hear from you!
Use our Contact page and contact us today!
HERE'S HOW TO HELP
WHAT CAN I DO?
There are many ways you can assist us here at Edelweiss House. Whether it be helping the children or even helping us on the grounds with maintenance and some of our projects …we would love your assistance!
MAKE A DONATION
There are many ways to donate to Edelweiss House. A simple donation, monthly donations, Funeral donations, Stocks and more options are available and we have made giving really easy for you!
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Volunteers are always needed here to assist us in helping the children. Would like to become a Host Family here? Perhaps you have weekends you can help make a child feel safe & make great memories?